Nigerian troops cleared a Boko Haram camp of terrorists and attacked three other camps in the last two days, saving 59 civilians who were being held captive, an Army spokesman said in a press release.
Colonel S.K. Usman, public relations director for the Nigerian Army, said that Boko Haram insurgents fled from underground hiding places before troops of the 21 Brigade and from the Army Engineers at a camp at Chugori and Shantumari on Wednesday. On Thursday the 151 Task Force Battalion conducted raids on Boko Haram camps at Kashingeri, Wale, and Kushingari. Colonel Usman noted that a number of Boko Haram members were killed.
A Land Rover and a tipper or dump truck were also recovered.
The recent combat is part of the ongoing Operation Lafiya Dole, the Nigerian Army’s code for counterinsurgency efforts in the country’s northeast. The renewed efforts are taking place after President Muhammadu Buhari replaced the military heads earlier this month, including making Borno State-born Tukur Buratai the Army Chief of Staff.
[BREAKING] Nigerian Army storms Boko Haram Camps, Saves 59 Captives (PHOTO NEWS)
FOR ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT:
Telephone:- +49 (0) 152 140 400 10; WHATSAPP- +234 (0) 810 337 1979;
CLICK BELOW TO SHOP ONLINESPONSORED